Permanent Resident Status Renunciation

If you clearly do not meet the requirements to keep your Permanent Resident status, we can assist you to "give up" (renounce) your permanent resident status.

This issue sometimes arises when you apply for Canada’s electronic travel authorization (ETA online system). Sometimes, there can be options to reapply for permanent resident status through other means (like a new spousal sponsorship), or find other visas that let you work or visit Canada as you need (like multi entry visas or work permits). Consult with us about your options.